Calling all skilled and experienced Systems Integration Engineers (Defence experience preferable)
This position will support the delivery of combat systems integration projects and tasks for Royal Australian Navy ships.
The successful candidate will provide engineering services, technical advice, investigations and solution development for various platform integration activities.
- Support combat system integration design activities for naval ship systems.
- Support engineering projects from concept through to delivery.
- Undertake technical investigations, root cause analysis and solution identification.
- Undertake platform integration and design for system of systems to the platform systems.
- Provide high level of engineering technical judgement utilising your experience in delivering complex systems
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a professional engineer.
- Experience in a technical and industrial Defence environment, with experience in the design or integration of combat or communications systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical single line drawings and cable block diagrams.
- Ability to understand and apply relevant Australian Standards, Classification Society and IMO requirements
- Broad understanding of electromagnetic theory
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages desirable
- Good written and oral communication
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work both within a multi-disciplinary team or autonomously
- Time Management skills.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Bachelor’s Degree - Engineering (Electrical / Electronics / Computer Systems or related discipline).
- Is eligible or currently holds a Security Clearance (NV1 ideally or Baseline as minimum)
- You are an Australian citizen or have the right to work in Australia.
- Able to work under the United States’ International Treaty in Arms Regulations (ITAR) nationality restrictions.
- Pre-employment Medical / Background Checks
- Reference Checks, Employment Verification Check, AFP Police Check, Qualification Check
What's on Offer
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow with support in your role
- Enjoy the inclusive, vibrant culture of an SME with an established reputation within the Defence industry
- Attractive package for the right candidate
- Warm and friendly culture that prides itself on being less corporate
- Open honest communication at all levels, that values your input
- Approachable executive team